Monday, February 13, 2006

Church


Church, originally uploaded by jryanpackard.

Did you know that at any given time there are over 60 armed conflicts taking place in the world? That number floored me when I first heard it a couple of weeks ago. I knew there were more than the two or three we regularly read about, but I didn't know there were that many. I guess I'm not praying enough.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Here's some additional info from Free the Children/Free the Slaves:
1. there are 27 million slaves in the world today, more than any other time in history.
2. Human trafficking for sex slavery earns 8 billion dollars each year for trafficking rings, that's the 3rd largest illegal trade behind drugs and arms.
3. Each year, according to the UN, 600,000-800,000 people are trafficked across borders (meaning taken across borders and forced to work as slaves)
4. The US State Department estimates 14,000 - 17,000 people are trafficked into the US each year.
5. 1 to 2 million girls are trafficked inside India each year.

5:34 AM  
Blogger tim said...

I'm glad you realized that its all your fault. Now I can stop praying for your enlightenment and start asking God to forgive you.

3:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home